How to Summerize Your Home
1. SHUT OFF WATER & ELECTRICITY AT OUTSIDE CONNECTION. Also consider a second water shutoff valve inside the home.
2. DO NOT BLOCK OR COVER YOUR DRAINS! Pour RV antifreeze down all drains (including toilet) and run ice cubes through your garbage disposal to clean it out. This will eliminate any sewer gas or noxious odors.
3. DO NOT LEAVE FAUCETS OPEN! Shut off all valves under all sinks. Drain the hot water tank just before you leave. DO NOT arrange to have your water turned on prior to your arrival. It is important that you are home to check for leaks and faulty seals.
4. DO NOT PLACE CONTAINERS OF WATER in kitchen, family room, or leave water in the bathtub. This is an old wive’s tale and these containers can leak causing extensive water damage to your home.
5. Reduce interior heat with 1" styrofoam sheets cut to your window size. It is best to NOT use foil reflectant , as many windows are tinted and reflectant is not recommended by window manufacturers.
6. Place a small amount of bay leaves in food cupboards to keep out bugs. Coffee grounds in the fridge help with odors.
7. Inspect your window seals, pipes, hoses, appliances and roof for issues that may occur while you're away.
8. Set up mail forwarding with the US Postal Service. (This is free, even to Canadian residents.) Make sure your park has it too.
9. Place an Adams Agency claim sticker on the outside of your home so your neighbors and/or park know who to call should a claim arise while you are away.
10. SECURE A CARETAKER. This can be a neighbor or a professional service. This helps mitigate summer claims & prevent thefts.
Check these off as you go!
CLICK HERE TO SEE HOME SECURITY SUGGESTIONS
*** THIS IS A BRIEF SUMMARY & MAY NOT REPRESENT ALL THAT MAY NEED TO BE DONE***
***THE ADAMS AGENCY MAKES NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE USE OF ANY OF THESE METHODS***